The control of light ingress in modern farming is very important; Hydor’s Light Baffles allow you to achieve the exact light conditions required to assist in meeting production targets.
Features and Benefits
- Effective lux level through the light baffle is 0.1-0.15 lux (virtually total darkness)
- The black, smooth-faced, dull finished vanes are constructed from high-quality PVC for longevity and resistance to wear and tear, sunlight and high-pressure washers. Vanes are assembled vertically to allow for natural drainage and prevention of dirt build-up, with no edges or ribs to block the airflow or trap dust
- Hydor light baffles are designed to suit all sizes of fan or inlet with easy to assemble ‘snap action’ interlocking method of attaching vanes for trouble-free installation and ease of cleaning. Baffles are suitable for highpressure air or water methods of cleaning
- The vane assembly is built into a galvanised steel frame for strength and reliability and facilitates easy fitting to fan units either internally or externally
- The aerodynamic shaped double curved vanes of the baffles allow air to pass through easily with minimal resistance whilst absorbing the light and decreasing its intensity. Vanes are set 25mm apart to give optimum light reduction and low resistance to airflow
Whilst it is important that the general structure of the building is light-proof, the requirement for the introduction of fresh air and the extraction of stale, dirty air remains paramount. Hydor light baffles are designed to fit inlets, outlets,wall and roof-mounted fan units to reduce the ingress of light in the tunnel, reverse-flow, cross-flow and roof extract ventilated buildings.