Hydor will only honour the warranty on the unit if the following conditions apply:
- If the unit was supplied to you from a third party using their own transport method it must have arrived without transit damage. If we provided the transport then any transit damage would be covered under the warranty.
- The unit was installed and commissioned properly by a suitably competent and qualified person in accordance with all relevant regulatory requirements and accepted good practice and that evidence can be provided on request to confirm the same.
- The unit has not been misused or subjected to abuse in any way.
- The unit has been regularly and properly maintained and that evidence will be provided on request to confirm the same.
In signing and submitting the form at the end of this document and commencing this warranty procedure, you are declaring that all the aforementioned conditions apply, that you will be able to provide evidence to support your declaration if we ask you to and if it subsequently turns out that your declaration was not correct, that you agree or have the authority to agree on your employers behalf, to pay us reasonable costs that we incur in dealing with your warranty claim. These costs may include replacement components or unit costs and any labour and administration costs we incur. You should be aware that these costs could be substantial.
The pages which follow describe 3 different options open to you on how we can progress your warranty claim. Please read and consider these carefully before selecting the option you wish to proceed on when you complete the two page form at the end of this document.
By signing and submitting the form you confirm your agreement to pay, or have the authority to agree on your employers behalf to pay, any charges that are due to us. Please note that Options 1 and 2 are in line with the warranty that Hydor provide. Option 3 is offered as an alternative site visit service if you wish us to provide it. Option 3 is not covered by Hydor’s warranty policy and will involve costs to you regardless of whether they think the unit is covered under warranty or not. Please therefore consider Option 3 seriously before asking us to proceed with it.
Option 1 – Covered under Hydor’s Warranty
The unit should be returned to Hydor with the relevant paperwork to check if the unit is covered under warranty. If, after inspection, Hydor agree that the unit is covered under warranty, Hydor will either repair the unit or provide a new unit to a UK mainland address at no cost. If Hydor declare that the unit is not covered under warranty, they will advise why and provide a price for repairing or replacing the unit.
Option 2 – Covered under Hydor’s Warranty
An order will need to be placed for a replacement unit and Hydor will arrange for it to be sent to a UK mainland address. They will invoice for this replacement unit and this invoice will be payable. The faulty unit should be returned with the relevant paperwork to us to check if the unit is covered under warranty. If, after inspection, Hydor agree that the unit is covered under warranty, they will dispose of the unit and raise full credit for the replacement unit. If Hydor declare that the unit is not covered under warranty, they will advise why and payment for the replacement unit will stand.
Option 3 – Not covered under Hydor’s Warranty
An order should be placed with Hydor for £185* excluding VAT to send a Hydor representative to inspect the unit in-situ. Hydor will invoice for this visit and this invoice will be payable. Safe and satisfactory access to and egress from the unit should be arranged for inspection by the Hydor representative. If, after the site inspection, Hydor agree that the unit is covered under warranty, they will:
- Arrange for a replacement part or new unit to be sent to a UK mainland address at no cost.
- Provide you with an additional price for the on-site labour cost to replace the component or unit covered under warranty.
- Hydor will issue a credit note to the value of £185 excluding VAT against the invoice for the site visit.
If, after the site inspection, Hydor declare that the unit is not covered under warranty, the full £185* excluding VAT for the site inspection will stand and they will:
- Provide you with a price for a replacement part or new unit to be sent to a UK address.
- Provide you with a price to remove the component or unit not covered under warranty and supply and install a replacement component or unit.